Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Take Me Home By: Theresa Marguerite Hewitt

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Four months after a life altering decision, Ellie is trying to keep her head above water. She takes it day by day, trying not to lean too much on her friends and family. Fighting her demons from the past, is she strong enough or ready to love again?
Bobby isn't proud of the way he left Wakefield, and Ellie, behind, but he’s trying to make himself a better man. The desert and his security detail hold a lot of twists and turns for Timmons, but he never goes a day without thinking about the feisty woman who has his heart. When he makes it back to Wakefield, will there be enough left between them to mend the broken hearts?
This fourth installment in this loved military romance series brings us some bumps in the road for Chad and Rhea as well. Because, as we all know, no one in the little town of Wakefield, Virginia has it easy in love. Be ready to travel with the characters on a path filled with physical, mental and spiritual healing, along with more than a few HOT tumbles in the hay and one ending that might make your heart melt.


Displaying TMHteaser3.jpg



image.jpeg

And I know, running away wasn’t the best answer to our problems, but hell, it was the only thing I could do at the time where I saw the outcome may be being good. I had, and still have, demons that make me think I should stay away from Ellie all together. When I lost my leg on Easter from that grenade, I changed. At first I was a little hateful and resentful to my SEAL brothers who were okay, but then I realized: I saved my brother, my best friend, Elliot from that grenade. Hell, I’m alive when I could be, and maybe should be, dead.
I wouldn’t have this throbbing pain in my chest when I think of Ellie if I were dead. I wouldn’t have known what it’s like to miss her arms around me, to miss her lips tracing the tattoo on my arm as a sly smile plays across them. I wouldn’t have to deal with the memory of the way her perfect, sexy body, melts into me when I lay the simplest touch on her soft skin. Fuck. I catch myself and shake my head to try and get the image from my head, looking to my cards on the table once more as the guys around me are laughing at God only knows what.
These guys know most of my story. They know I left to get away from a fucked up situation with a woman, but that’s about it. They probably draw their own conclusions, but we don’t really get that personal out here. For fuck’s sake, I don’t even know Mad Hatter’s real name, everyone just calls him Hatter because of the enormous and awesome tattoo that covers his right shoulder and arm. The top, covering his shoulder, is a laughing skull that has a stars and stripes top hat cocked to the side. Then from the skulls neck comes a red, white, and blue tie that swirls around his arm, complete with the four horsemen of the apocalypse entwined in there with fire filling in behind the red, white, and blue. It’s an amazing piece of work and it’s actually spurred me to get more tattoos of my own; one on my right calf, one across my shoulder blades, and one on my chest.
Donnie’s angry voice breaks my musing and as I lift my head I see him come up behind Hatter and take the guy in a chokehold, pulling him from his chair and to the floor. No one else in the room moves, including me, as the two men tussle on the floor, but when one of them kicks the table, almost knocking it over, one of the other guys, Tony, kicks at them. “Watch what you’re doin’, fuckers,” he yells, tossing his bet into the pile in the middle of the table.
There are eleven other guys stationed here with me, all from different walks of life and different military backgrounds. Take Donnie, for instance. He’s thirty-five, divorced, and a former Army Ranger. His specialties are explosives, which he loves to play with since we’re out in the middle of nowhere and we rarely have anything to do beside walk the grounds back and forth. Hatter, on the other hand, is maybe twenty-eight and a former Marine who was deep inside MARSOC almost the instant he enlisted right out of high school, specializes in hand to hand combat; and as I sneak a peek at Hatter’s cards, I see them wrestling from the corner of my eye as he gains the upper hand.
“Say it, old man!” he yells triumphantly as he holds Donnie’s arm above his pinned down body in a painful looking position and Donnie grunts, his face turning ten shades of red. Hatter laughs, smiling up at me, and for a second his eyes remind me of someone, kind of, but then the thought disappears as Donnie’s angry voice fills the air.
“Get off me, mother fucker!” He tries to shake Hatter from his back, but it’s no use. I’ve been in one of his submission holds, and let me tell you, they are painful as hell. Hatter pushes his arm up a little more and Donnie grunts again. “Okay, okay! You’re gonna dislocate my arm. Fine! You’re the man! Hatter is the man!”
Hatter jumps off of him, pumping his fists in the air triumphantly and everyone can’t help but laugh. Reminds me of myself when I was still a SEAL, cocky as fuck and itching to show off. Only thing is, Hatter is older than me, but it looks like he’s one of those that will never, ever, grow up, and that’s okay by me. He’s a good source of entertainment.
He sits beside me, animatedly recalling his actions as if we all hadn’t just witnessed them in person, but I’m lost again, staring at my left forearm and the pirate ship tattooed there, remembering how Ellie used to love to trace it with her fingers. Like the day at the pond, when I couldn’t take it anymore and I told her that I love her; afterward as she was lying on top of me her fingers traced the lines ever so lightly. Her perfect body was tucked into my side, her cheek on my chest as I ran my fingers through her short hair. It is one memory that I will never forget and it will never be tainted by the shit storm that had followed, because in that moment when it was just her and I, we were perfect.
I swear I can feel her fingertips tracing my arm and goose-bumps rise on my skin even though it’s almost eighty degrees in here. Looking down at my arm again, a flash of her blue-green eyes flows through my head and I can’t help but let my eyes slide shut as a sly smile lifts up the corner of my lips.
“What the hell are you smiling at, Timmons?” Hatter’s voice brings me from my little world in a snap and I look up to see all of the guys around the table staring at me. It only takes a second and a few of them chuckle lightly, probably knowing I was thinking about a girl and Donnie finally slides into his seat on the other side of me, elbowing me.
“Leave the kid alone.” He nods to Hatter as he passes a plate of nachos to me. “Besides, not everyone is as heartless when it comes to women as you are, Griggs!”
The guys all laugh, but I’m having a mild heart attack. What the fuck did Donnie just call Hatter? No, I must be hearing things. They are arguing around me as I look to Hatter, and I mean really look. Dark hair, grey eyes. Nope, can’t be.
“Oh shut the hell up, Griggs,” one of the other guys, Rory, spits out between a mouthful of chips and I choke on the swig of beer that I thought would help me. There it is again.
The guys are all looking at me as I cough. Donnie claps me on the back, telling me to cough it up and I just shake my head. I unintentionally slam my beer bottle down on the table, and their stares continue to bear down on me.
“What the hell’s up with you, Timmons?” Hatter says, raising an eyebrow at me as I eye him up again, trying to tell my brain all of these connections I’m pulling on between the man sitting before me and the woman who holds my heart are just fabrications of my tired mind. “Hello? Earth to Timmons? Did your little dirty dream you had a minute ago erase your memory? Who were you dreamin’ about?” He laughs and I can’t help but smile.
“Your sister,” I say and he stops, his jaw setting and I know I’ve got him.
“What the hell did you just say?” His fists almost crunch up the cards in his hand as I don’t move my eyes from him.
“What the hell did they just call you?” I want to hear him say it so I know I’m not going stir crazy in this desert.
“They called me by my last name. What’s it to you?”
“And what’s that?”
“Griggs,” he grinds out and I can tell I’m pissing him off. Fuck me. Ellie’s brother is sitting beside me and I’ve shared numerous shifts, stories, and drunken fists fights with the man. “And how do you know I have a sister?”
“Because I love her,” I don’t hesitate to say, and I see his eyes ignite.




Displaying TMHteaser1.jpg





image.jpeg

image.jpeg

My View:   While Bobby had taken a new job as privet security team. He protects the owner of an oil mine in the middle east... He has been away from home for about 4 months he still misses Ellie.
         Ellie has gotten better sense Bobby left, though she misses him like crazy and wishes he never would have left, she hasn't heard from him sense the day he left her in the hospital......
        Chad and Jose who work for NCIS are doing an investigation of the privet company that Bobby works for they also find Ellie's brother works there also.! *squeee* I know I did!!!! The seal team go in to help Bobby's security team from an attack........ 
           Once Bobby is home Ellie makes it a point avoid him, worried about what he thinks of her and how he feels about her... Bobby finally has had enough of her avoiding him.. So he swoops in and throws her over his shoulder  *swoon*!!!! 
    Want more go pick it up at Amazon.com

I honestly don't think that Theresa could disappoint me.... I am amazed at how she keeps me strung along with out having any idea of what it to come and when it does its BAM!!!! I cannot wait for book 5!!!!!

    I give this book 5 out of 5 stars!!

                                                                        


OTHER BOOKS IN THE WAKEFIELD SERIES



Two Weeks With a SEAL (Wakefield Romance #1)

Blurb:
Her life isn't glamorous, but Rhea Griggs does her best.
In her small town of Wakefield, Virginia she lives the life she has been given, but loving your older brother's best friend is always a gamble. For Rhea, it's an unspoken truth.
Chad Payne is a sailor, a SEAL, and he loves his job, but the danger and unknowing is starting to weigh on his heart and soul. He's ready to settle down, but confessing his love for his best friend's little sister is easier said than done.
When heartbreak and loss find Rhea, Chad knows it's now or never.
Is two weeks enough for them to share the love of a lifetime? To mend two hearts into one? Can Rhea handle what comes with loving a SEAL?

Contains rowdy country fun, heart-warming love and one heart wrenching farewell that will leave you speechless.


Amazon Paperback: http://amzn.to/1nDvoTi
 Smashwords: http://bit.ly/1j38nau
Add to Goodreads: http://bit.ly/1l3u8H4



Coming Home  (Wakefield Romance #2)

In the sequel to "Two Weeks With a SEAL" we find Rhea left behind by Chad's deployment. When she's faced with a surprising obstacle, she misses him more as every day passes. Her friendship with fellow SEAL wife, Rosa, grows and they lean on one another for support. Chad wants to protect his brothers and loves his job, but he's ready to be a civilian again and to be home with the love of his life. Can he keep himself and his brothers safe long enough to get home to Rhea? Will trusting someone who hurt her and believing that they can turn over a new leaf cost Rhea everything? Book 2 is filled with happy surprises, devious rednecks, tearful conversations and one heart pounding event that will cause you to scream.


Amazon Paperback: http://amzn.to/1lOnL7X
Add to Goodreads: http://bit.ly/1nDzjPV


I Never Asked You To Save Me (Wakefield Romance #3)

Ellie Mae Griggs-Heart is trying to escape, trying to find a place where she can finally be 'home'. She can't seem to shake her physically and emotionally abusive, soon to be ex-husband, Jake Heart. Refusing to take hand outs from her cousin Rhea Payne and her husband, former Navy SEAL Chad, Ellie has to moonlight at a job most would consider taboo to make ends meet. She lives day to day with the pain of a choice she made to try and be free of Jake.
Navy SEAL sniper and notorious play-boy, Bobby Timmons, has never been the type to be tied down by a woman, filtering through them like it was his job. Ellie is different. She strikes a different chord and makes Bobby think twice about treating her like the other women in his past. He hates that she feels trapped by her ex, but as a SEAL his life is unpredictable and he is shipped off just as he's getting to know her.
When tragedy and mistakes fill both of their lives, can they lean on each other for support? Or will their pasts destroy everything they could have had?


Amazon Paperback: http://amzn.to/1l3ol4v
Smashwords:  http://bit.ly/1nDwQ84
Add to Goodreads: http://bit.ly/1dcVKqR


image.jpeg


Author Bio


Theresa Marguerite Hewitt is a very laid back person; enjoying the simpler things in life more than most sometimes. She grew up in a very, VERY small town in Central New York and she will always be a Redneck Woman. She loves reading, writing, taking long pointless drives and long dusk time walks. Fall and winter are her favorite times of year and she spends more time outside then than in the summer. She loves hearing from fans and isn't above fan-girling on those that show her tons of support. She donates the profits from the Amazon sales of her military series, The Wakefield Romance Series, to various military charities including; Wounded Warrior Project, Red Circle Foundation, Boot Campaign and others. She is addicted to the cheap-Harlequin romances you can pick up in most drug stores and can't go in and out of a store without picking up at least one. She resides in Buffalo, NY, for now.


image.jpeg

So how many more books will there be?
Will each character get two books the the ones before?
Is there anything in particular  that has given you the inspiration for the Wakefield series/characters?
Do you ever wish you weren't done with a book?
Answers:
1. There will be at least 4 more books in the series and maybe even one or two novellas as well.
2. I can't tell you a definite yes or no on the characters after this getting just one book or two. I can tell that I will always incorporate all of the characters we have come to love in every story, because you can't have Wakefield without the characters I have already established.
3. Inspiration for the characters come from every day things. There are also some things the main women have gone through that I myself have experienced. For the story themselves I really just started out with Two Weeks With a SEAL trying to tell a story most people don't really pay attention to; the woman/women in the service man's life. I'm not gonna lie, most people overlook the spouse or girlfriend/boyfriend, but it really takes a special type of person to stick behind someone whom put their life on the line to protect our everyday life. The ideas and inspiration just expanded from there, turning into Ellie's story and the tale of the abused woman. There are also some characters that I have based off of people I know in real life. Jesse Ludwell <Duke Orr's cousin> is actually based on a coworker and if you saw him you'd know that was him; plus his name IS Jesse, lol. Also the whole thing between Duke, Rhea and Chad, that was based on something that really happened back in my home town (it was just a love triangle) , but even the result was based on that.
4. Of course I wish sometimes the stories wouldn't end but I have to listen to the characters and sometimes they say "Hey! This is the end!" There have been times when I thought I was done with a story but then a character pops back up and I have to re-write the ending or add something. I am always sad when a book comes to an end, but I always try to leave the door open so that it really isn't goodbye. I thankfully haven't come to the wall where I can't go anywhere else with Wakefield, but I'm dreading the day.




image.jpeg

Social Media Links
Webpage: http://www.theresamargueritehew.wix.com/theresamargueritehew
 Amazon Author Page: http://amzn.to/1ekSyaV
Facebook: Http://www.facebook.com/
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TMarguerite
Smashwords Author Page: http://bit.ly/1otGeIB
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6902888.Theresa_Marguerite_Hewitt

No comments:

Post a Comment