Friday, May 16, 2014

Lush Betrayal (Lush #1)




A Lush Betrayal (Lush, #1)Joss Jamison has it all. He's the lead singer for the world's hottest rock band, Lush. He's wealthy, sexy, talented...and miserable. Twelve months ago, Joss lost his finely honed control and made a mistake he can't undo. A mistake that could end up costing him his best friend, his band, and maybe his heart.

Mel DiLorenzo has it all. She's been hired to document the world tour of her sister's fiance's rock band. She's gorgeous, talented, loved...and sick of being the little sister. When she agrees to the summer job, Mel has no idea she's walking into a minefield of friendships lost and hearts destroyed. She also has no idea what it means to be the object of Joss Jamison's affections.

One hot rock star plus one life-altering mistake, add a dash of sexy younger sister and a handful of broken hearts, and you've got a recipe for fire. Life on the road can be hot, but for the boys of Lush, it's about to get a whole hell of a lot hotter.








This is not what I was expecting....!!! 

It was SO much better then anyone could have told me!!!!

Selena had me hooked from the very first page, 
I was so into this book I couldn't wait to find out what happened next, 
 I couldn't get there fast enough....
 When I did it was like BAM Sweet mother of god.!
I couldn't believe what I was reading.... 
On the edge of my seat.......
Waiting for what happens next...... 
I am glad I picked up this book!!!!!
I am even Happier to know that there is more to come!!!!!
Please, Please, Please pick up this book!
ITS A MUST READ!!!!!!!
I give this book 5 out of 5!!!!!






Image of Selena LaurenceSelena Laurence lives in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains and spends a hell of a lot of time at soccer games, on her laptop, and reading. She requires a Mocha Latte every day to function, keeps a goldendoodle at her feet most of the time, and has more kids than she knows what to do with. Her husband, Mr. Laurence, spends as much time as he can at the office and the gym in order to avoid the kids, the dog, the laptop and the reading, but he always shows up for the soccer games, and he makes a mean Mocha Latte.



How many more book will there be in the series? There are four books altogether, one for each member of the band, so two more to go!

How did you come into writing? I've always been a writer (I've got a Bachelor's degree in English) but I was a technical and non-fiction writer until a couple of years ago when I suddenly woke up one day and said, "Well, I think I'll try a novel."

Who is your favorite author and Why? I have too many that I love to pick a favorite, but some of them include Colleen Hoover, Nyrae Dawn, C.S. Harris (who writes historical mysteries with a romantic undercurrent), Juliana Stone, Emma Chase, Lisa Desroches -- see? I could keep going.

Where do you get the inspiration for your books you write? I get asked that a lot, and unfortunately I don't have a very good answer--I don't know. I'm sure it's an amalgam of movies I watch, books I read, people I know, etc. But none of it is conscious, it must be cooking way deep in there and then one day it just sort of pops out!

And do you have any surprise writings in the works? I do! I have a book that could be the first in a trilogy. I'm considering what type of venue I want to publish it through. I haven't done anything non-indie since my very first book, but I might look to go traditional with this one, we'll see. In  the meantime, I've got one series (Hiding From Love) to finish up, one series that I'm midway through (Lush), and another that I'll be starting this summer (The Bittersweet Chronicles).




A Lush Betrayal - Lush 1
Fortunate Son (Joss) by Creedence Clearwater Revival
Life by the Drop (Walsh) by Stevie Rae Vaughan
Long Black Veil (Tammy) by Dave Matthews
Joy (Tammy) by Lucinda Williams
You Know I'm No Good (Joss) by Amy Winehouse
My City of Ruins (Joss) by Eddie Vedder
Wake Me Up (Mel) by Avicii
Let My Love Open the Door (Joss) by Pete Townsend
Sunshine (Mel) by Leanne Kingwell
Just Breathe (Joss) by Pearl Jam
I Lost It (Tammy) by Lucinda Williams
Lights (Walsh) by Battleme and the Forest Rangers (Sons of Anarchy soundtrack)
Still I Long for Your Kiss (Mel) by Lucinda Williams
Peaceful Solution (Joss) by Lukas Nelson and Promise of the Real
Who You Love (Joss and Mel) by John Mayer feat. Katy Perry



Just a note: I don't know exactly how other authors choose playlists -
 for me, it's primarily about the lyrics and the style of the music.
 Can I hear that song being performed in the character's voice? 
So, it may not always be "popular" or current music. In the case of the Lush books,
 these guys are rockers, so more traditional/classic rock is what spoke to me in their voices.
 I'm not really sure if it translates very well to readers, but it's just what I hear!






No comments:

Post a Comment